Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Buncha Stuff

So, it's been a few days since I posted. What can I say? I've been busy.

Last Saturday night was the stag for a friend of mine who is getting married. Actually, both the bride and groom had their stags the same night, so Lance and I were both busy. Anyway, it was a whole lotta awesome! We went to a very interesting restaurant with great food (sorry, I lost the link). I especially enjoyed dancing at the club. However, the ears ringing for a full day afterwards was enough of a deterrent to make the club scene a very occassional thing for me. My only regret is that I had to miss out on the pole dancing stuff and the pedicures.

Sunday we started our kickboxing class. I am super-pleased. Let's just say that I definitely have a very large margin for improvement in regard to my kicks! But, that's the whole reason I'm taking the class is that I've never been very good at kicking. Speaking of kicking, the class kicked my ass! I'm still sore and it's Wednesday! I'm going to try to practice a bit during the week so it isn't quite as painful every time.

We've also finished stage 1 of project "paint the garage." The garage is now fully etched. We went and borrowed the father-in-law's pressure washer to help out a bit at the end. We have also started stage 2 of the above project and have primed the back wall. I'll take another look today though, because it just looks wet and no different in colour really. I may just apply a second coat.

I have also officially applied for a TOC position with the Langley school district. They aren't hiring right now, but that's ok actually. I still have one job and this will give me time to get my level 2 certification with insurance as well as work on a few things around the house (unfortunately, this means I have a lot of time to do the dreaded laundry task).

I finished a book this weekend too. It was Terry Brooks' Magic Kingdom for Sale. I highly enjoyed it. I was a bit skeptical at first since I've heard a lot of ravings for it from my husband and mother-in-law. But, it did actually live up to the hype. Anyway, now I need to figure out what my next book will be. I was going to start Asimov's foundation series, but I can't find the first book. However, maybe I'll go for something a bit shorter term since October is fast approaching and we all know what that means!

Finally, it looks like my love for Flickr may force me to upgrade to a pro account. On the one hand that's great since it gives me unlimited uploads and the ability to create a lot more 'sets' (kinda like albums). However, on the other hand, I really like free stuff. I'll have to ponder before forking over the $25 US to upgrade. For now, I'm just not going to upload any more pictures for the time being. That way, none of my pictures will get bumped off my photo stream.

No comments: