Friday, July 28, 2006

Small Joys

Sometimes, the smallest joys in life can make you so happy!  For instance, I just checked the library website to see if a book I had put on hold had arrived yet.  I put it on hold before I finished my last book, hoping that it would arrive on time.  Then, on my way home from work yesterday, I finished my book (in the first 10 minutes of a commute that's longer than half an hour if you include the time I wait in line for the bus).  It wasn't a big deal, but I wanted to get the new book before I finished work today, since I wouldn't be able to pick it up this weekend. 
 
Anyway, now the book is in at the library so I can stop after work and get it.  It's one I've been meaning to read for years now - Walden by Henry David Thoreau.  I've probably been meaning to read it since 1998.  It should also prove a nice contrast to the book I just finished - A Series of Unfortunate Events #12: The Penultimate Peril!

No comments: