Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rain Record

This morning when I descended the stairs from my
second floor apartment and looked out the front doors
and windows I couldn't help but feel a mix of
happiness and frustration. The source of these mixed
feelings . . . the weather. Of course, some of you
know that weather watching is a bit of a hobby of
mine. And lately, we've been having some depressing
weather, as we had about 25 or 26 consecutive days of
rain. However, we were coming close to breaking the
current record of 28 consecutive rainy days in the
lower mainland (set in the 50's) so I was a bit amused
by our weather at the same time. This morning, the
chance of the record being broken was diminished
greatly by the presence of blue skies and even that
glowing yellow orb that, if I remember correctly, is
called the sun.

Oh, on an unrelated and cryptic note, which you'll
either understand or you won't, watch your mailboxes
this week ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although it would be fun to break a record, I have to say that it's been nice to see the sun this weekend! Now I heard that it did rain yesterday, but to my knowledge there's been no rain yet today!