Friday, February 27, 2009

Star Trek: TNG Season 1 – Heart of Glory

Link to StarTrek.com episode guide.

So, I think it’s safe to say that the episodes that focus on the Klingons, their mythology, philosophy, and beliefs, are among my very favourite.  There is something in them that calls to my own warrior within.  I like Klingon quotes and like to throw some of them out there once in a while.  This episode gets into a bit of Worf’s past and Klingon politics as well. 

Some of my favourite Klingon spiritual beliefs in this episode are surrounding death.  The Klingon death yell I think has a very Norse appeal to it.  The yell is a warning cry so that the dead know that a Klingon warrior is about to arrive.  They also have the belief that the body is just a shell for the soul

Race Study: Klingons

Cool Science/Gadgets:

  • Visual Acuity Transmitter – a technology that never takes off
  • The Klingons assembling a disrupter and force field breaker from shoes and such

Fun Stuff:

  • Klingon death yell – ok, maybe not everyone finds this fun/cool

No comments: