Saturday, April 07, 2007

Big Scary Test!

I meant to make this post a couple of weeks ago, but elements of my life seemed to conspire against that and I didn't get around to it afterall.

I have my next Big Scary Test scheduled for July 11th. It is the final test I need to take in order to get my full CAIB designation. It is also a different test format than the others. No multiple choice or definitions, just long-answer type questions marked on a rubrik scale. They call them "application style" questions. It's fairly difficult to pass it, and I don't know anyone who has done it without taking a course. Unfortunately, the courses aren't offered until the fall so I'll be trying to do the self-study method. That's why I've given myself so much time to prepare for this one.

I've broken down my time into weeks, and put them all on my Google Calendar. Then I try to set goals for each week. I don't have the textbook yet, so I'm just trying to work off some old materials until the newer ones get it.

This week's goals are to read an old case study, get familiar with the question formats, and do an outline of one of the chapters from the old textbook that seems similar to the new textbook.

No comments: