Sunday, March 04, 2007

Mascara Day

Yesterday was my "Mascara Day" and I thought I'd blog a bit about it.

Those who wear make-up probably already know that you should replace your mascara every 3 months. It is very important to do this so that you prevent eye infections from bacteria that may grow on old mascara. I've been doing this religiously for just over a year now. It's a bit of a treat for me since I like to try new products and mascara is a relatively cheap treat for me.

Since I was doing this every three months, I decided it would be a good way to remember to do all those other things you are supposed to do every few months but never remember to. Once I've done all these things, I get to go and switch my mascara (which I usually actually bought a few weeks ago when it went on sale and has been sitting in my drawer awaiting the next "Mascara Day").

My "Mascara Day" list so far consists of the following tasks:

-change my toothbrush (this should actually be a bit more frequent than this, but I'll start with every three months and try to improve from there)
-change my razor (I notoriously overuse dull blades, but rarely cut myself with it. The one I just replaces was missing the moisturizing strips along with parts of those plastic blades that stretch your skin)
-add rinsing agent to the dishwasher (I use white vinegar)
-wind up the emergency light/radio


That's what I've got on the list for now, but I'm sure I'll be adding more things as time passes and they pop into my head. I'm also working on a similar daylight savings time list that will have things on it like: test smoke detectors, buy new running shoes (only been able to think of those things now, but I'm sure I'll think of more, especially as daylight savings time is coming up).

So, now that my list is done, I get to try out Cover Girl's newest mascara: Volume Exact. I've been really enjoying their Lash Exact so far and I'm hoping that this one lives up to its expectations.

No comments: