Friday, March 09, 2007

Ideal Beauty Product Day

In honour of the one year anniversary of Lipgloss and Laptops, the hosts did up their list of their favourite/ideal beauty products for the day. What is either tried and true and what they would like to try or their fantasy products. They've invited their listeners to do the same, so here is my list . . . for most things, my fantasy product would be just to play with some higher end lines since most of my makeup is drugstore, with the exception of a few MAC products.

Shower:

Shampoo & Conditioner: Thursday's Plantation Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and Down Under Natural's Fruit Kicks Conditioner for Fine Hair are my current product. My fantasy would be Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and Conditioner.

Razor: Currently using a twin blade but after Air's review, seriously considering upgrading to a 4 blade. Although, I might pick up a men's version since I often see them cheaper.

Body wash: Life Brand Moisturizing Body Wash - great lather!

After Shower:

Moisturizer: St. Ives Collagen Elastin - cheap, effective, been using it forever.

Anti-perspirant: my husband and I share a gel antiperspirant that we get at Costco and I don't have any complaints. I think I might give another brand a try after we've finished our current pack.

Face Cream: Life Brand Moisturizer with SPF 15. Can't really say I've got a fantasy pick, but I'd love to try some different brands with SPF 15.

Foundation: Been using Revlon Colourstay and liking it fairly well. Next I'd like to try out either the Panstick or TruBlend, but I'm not sure if I'd like to use the Panstick every day since it is such heavy coverage and it's on the higher end of my budget. Maybe as my fantasy addition to my makeup cabinet.

Powder: Been using a loose powder by Jane but would love to use the MAC loose blot powder or Cory Cosmetics Finishing Powder (mineral makeup).

Blush: MAC or CoverGirl are what I normally use but a fantasy would be to try out NARS Orgasm of course!

Eyes:
Shadows: pretty easy going, but MAC has the best range of colours! Love to get more.

Liners: haven't tried too many but a nice automatic liner by Revlon or even higher end would be nice.

Brows: Fantasy would be the Clinique brow pencil described by Air. Right now I just use a light brown eyeshadow when I do anything at all.

Mascara: Really liking the new Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara - very nice for work.

Lipstick: I don't really use any of the lipsticks I've got on a regular basis. Same for the lipliner. Haven't really found one that I love for either product and nothing comes to mind that I'd like to try as a fantasy product.

Lipgloss: Love the MAC lipglass line. A super-cheap brand I like is the E.L.F. plumping lip glaze. Gives a very nice tingle and texture, but limited colour selection.

No comments: