Saturday, January 27, 2007

Life Lists and a New Website

So, I just stumbled across this website called My Life Tango. It's yet another social website that uses tags, this time, to let you create your 'life list' of goals.

I've been interested in the idea of a 'life list' since my CAPP 11/12 teacher Ms. Hanlon had us create one when I was in grade 11 at high school. The idea originally came from one of the early Chicken Soup for the Soul books. We had to create a list of 100 (or more) goals that we wanted to achieve over our lifetime. I really enjoyed the assignment and ended up creating more than 100 while some of my classmates struggled to read that number.

Since high school, I've revised my life list several times and each time I find it a very motivating and inspiring project. It can really help to focus your life when you think of things you'd like to do, see, and learn before you die.

So, when I found My Life Tango, my first thought was to join up. But, then I reconsidered. I think the website is a great idea for people who are looking to start focussing their lives. It has a social support aspect and if you're looking for goal ideas, something to inspire you to action, they have quite a good number that you can browse through and choose to adopt. But then I thought to ask myself, 'does this site really have much value for me personally?' I don't really think it does. I already have a long list of goals. I know how to make them 'SMART.' And for social support, I blog about them and share them with my husband. So, I'm not signing up. But, I'm still going to add it to my del.icio.us links because someone might just stumble upon it there who really needs it.

[Life Tango via Lifehacker]

No comments: