Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I love the concept behind New Year's Resolutions. I truly do, there is no sarcasm in this post. I actually love the idea of resolving to change your life in general or finding some way to improve it and better yourself.

Every year I spend some time around Christmas and New Years reflecting on the direction I want my life to be heading. I look at the important areas of my life and my values and try to find things I can focus on in each area. I usually write it down on a little cue card and then keep it by my bedside or in my journal. The only problem with that is that I don't regularly check back in. I often get sidetracked as many of us do with resolutions.

This year, I think I might make some changes to my resolution system. I really like thinking about it in terms of categories or life values. So, I'm going to keep that going. However, I think I'm going to change where I keep my resolutions. Since I spend so much time online, I think I might just find a way to keep them on my blog page.

I'm also toying with the idea of joining a site I just found called ChangeEverything. It's a social networking and blogging site that's for people in the Lower Mainland. You basically pick a change you want to make, start blogging about it, and connecting with others who are also making changes. It was started by VanCity, but isn't trying to sell you their banking services. My hesitation to join is that I don't like spreading myself out too far and I don't want to sacrifice time/work on one blog because I've just joined another. However, I am considering it. We'll see what I decide.

Oh, and if you're curious about my 2007 resolutions, I've already got a list going, but you'll need to wait until 2007 (or very late 2006) to find out about them.

No comments: