Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hallowe'en

This is the first year where I've really been in a position to give out candy at my own place. I've done it in years past at my mom's townhouse and even once at my in-law's house. At our apartment we never had any trick-or-treaters, so we never really bothered.

This year, since our neighbourhood is quite densely packed I went out to costco and bought 2 giant bags of candy. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but our townhouse complex alone has 200 units and that doesn't even take into consideration the sea of single family houses that surrounds us. I figured that this neighbourhood would even be a destination for some families that live in sparser areas.

Well, I was a bit concerned when the doorbell hadn't rung once when I left to pick Lance up at 5:45. I was reassured by Lance's co-worker that it was simply because in our neighbourhood a lot of parents still work and need to get home and do dinner first, etc. Well, through the whole course of the night we had a grand total of 33 kids getting candy. Most were fairly young and cute and we only had a few teenagers trying to scam candy. But, now we are left with lots of leftover candy and we're not quite sure what to do with it.

Incidentally, there were some pretty cool decorated houses in my neighbourhood. I did take some pictures, but I don't think Picassa and beta blogger are working together yet. When they are, I'll try to post some pictures.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Only 33? That's pretty disappointing if you ask me. One of our teachers had over 200 kids - whoa baby!