Saturday, September 02, 2006

Long Weekend Mindset

So, it's the long weekend. Yay! For me and Lance, this means 2 days off in a row!!! We are terribly excited and have already filled it up with plans. However, today is not one of those days off for us. I am sitting and typing this at work. To my right is a box full of letters that I should be working on. Behind one of the other desks is another box with even MORE letters that I should be working on. But, long weekend mindset has already set in and it's very hard to discipline myself to work right now.

This weekend, I'm very excited about the plans we've made. We are foregoing the family gathering at Harrison (we have rarely gone in the past, so it's not like we're breaking a tradition for us) and made some plans of our own. Tonight we are making use of a gift certificate for a local restaurant that was part of our new townhouse package. It's been a while since we went out on a date night, so I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow we are going to Science World! (I don't care how much Telus paid, I'm not calling it the Telus blah blah whatever - it's been Science World for over a decade and it's STILL Science World to me!) This weekend is the last weekend for a Lego exhibit that they've got going on. We are also going to treat ourselves with the Omnimax show and lunch at White Spot.

Monday we are heading down to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary. I've been doing a bit of reading lately on digital photography and this should give me a chance to play with a few of the different camera settings I recently discovered.

Since neither of these activities will take the whole day, we'll probably spend some of the rest of the day on our garage. We are painting over the concrete and it needs a lot of prep work. Right now we are etching. Once we've finished that, we get to prime it. Then we'll be painting it. Luckily, we aren't worried about how the final product will really look, since it is just the garage. But, it is quite a bit of work and a new process for us, so we're learning as we go.

No comments: