Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Last Day

So, today is my last day at one of my jobs. Actually, I'm writing this post from that job. I have to work at my second job, which is in the same neighbourhood, so my choice was to wander around the neighbourhood for a while or sit and chat with co-workers for a while. So, here I am surfing the net, not technically emloyed here anymore.

I have to say I have a sense of pride about what I've accomplished. I'm sure there aren't many new teachers who get to write an entired curriculum in their first five years of teaching. I also have that euphoric feeling of joy and relief that comes when you finish a very large project.

Some of you may be wondering what's next for me.

Well, I still have that other job where I work 3.5 days a week. Plus, I'm going to apply to some of the public school districts for TOC positions. Hopefully something will come up.

Plus, I've already had a billion ideas for ways to fill the two days that I have been working here. My house may actually be clean for a change! I could unpack a few more boxes. Then there's my website to redevelop, blog posts to write, crafts to do, and books to work on writing. I've also kept all avenues open and offered to develop some workshops for the teachers here.

And, at the rist of sounding cliched, when one door closes, another one opens. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

No comments: