Monday, June 26, 2006

ICBC Colour Carnival

As some of you may, or may not know, ICBC once in a while holds special events for brokers. Recently, Lance and I, along with a few other colleagues/relatives, got to attend their "colour carnival." They had it at a park in White Rock. The weather was a bit breezy and cool for my tastes. So much so that I skipped the ice cream! They had typical BBQ food. Although, they should have told the cooker that touching veggie burgers with the same tongs as you use for everything else, kinda defeats the purpose. But, I digress . . .

It was full of cheesy carnival games and prizes. We were supposed to participate in a team challenge of an inflated obstacle course, but we conveniently couldn't hear them call our team up for our turn ;)

Here is Lance doing the milking contest. They rigged up an udder and you had to milk the cow. The top 5 milkers got DQ gift certificates. It was pretty hard on the hands. I'm quite impressed that three people managed to get 5 1/2 cups in 30 seconds!



















Lance insisted on getting a picture of me with a golf club. Let's just say I am less than enthusiastic about the game of golf. I can handle mini-golf a couple times a year, but that's about my limit. If you find me at a golf course I'd better be in the clubhouse sipping a cool beverage or sitting in a golf cart wearing a fabulous sun hat and reading a juicy novel!
This is me after I bombed at the game "spilled milk" Not sure why they wanted a picture of me holding the stuff, but here it is.











This was my first ICBC event, but apparently they aren't complete without some prizes. They actually gave away quite a few. I was very glad that I convinced Lance to come, because he was the one who won! It was a very appropriate gift basket for him as it was filled with a bunch of cooking stuff. Some pasta, a Moroccan marinade, some pesto, oil, vinegar, etc. The basket it's in is quite nice as well.



















All in all, it wasn't a terrible evening. As far as business functions go, I've been to ones that are less comfortable and that have more speeches and less to actually do. Plus, we came away winners . . . what more could we ask for? Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a fun day . . . and it just figures that you have to talk Lance into coming and he's the one who wins a (totally appropriate) prize!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention before that I love the additions to your flickr site! Some great pictures of you and Lance at the Father's Day dinner!

Anonymous said...

Why was it called a "colour" carnival?

Jenn said...

I have no idea why it was called a colour carnival. Just a chance to alliterate I guess.