Sunday, November 06, 2005

Brief Psoriasis Update
I'm nearing completion of my first bottle of the fish oil. The improvement isn't as much as I'd like, but there has definitely been improvement. I've had a bit of a stressful time at work lately and that may be affecting my progress as well.

Unfortunately, I've also had some new spots develop. Most annoyingly in the corner of my right eye. A very irritating spot, especially for someone who usually wears eye makeup.

My legs have cleared up.
My stomach area has seen big improvements as has my underarm area.
My back has improved as well.

I still have it on my scalp, in my ears, and in my bellybutton. It is very hard for me to actually see improvement in those areas though. They all feel a bit better though. I have started occasionally using my tar shampoo again. Not as frequently as before though. It is one of the ones where your head is supposed to get cold and tingly while it's in your hair. That never really happened before. It's starting to now though, which I take as a positive sign.

I've gotten used to the taste of the oil now. It doesn't taste quite as lemony. However, it doesn't taste totally fishy either. I've noticed that anything that touches the oil does smell fishy afterwards. This includes the spoon I use to take it. Whenever I wash dishes now I can always tell when I get an oil spoon because I smell it when it hits the water. The congealed oil around the top is really gross. The dregs at the bottom of the bottle look really gross too! I'm getting a new one and throwing this one away before I have to take any of that.

I guess that's all to report right now.

No comments: