Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Walk for Memories

Thanks to the wonderful world of twitter, I heard that there is going to be an event organized by the Alzheimer’s Society of BC called the Walk for Memories.  I thought that it would be something fun to participate in where I would be helping out a good cause. 

Those of you who know my history a little, you’ll remember that my father passed away in March 2008.  He had just turned 65.  He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s fairly young and declined rather rapidly.

I think that participating in these kinds of events is a great way to support a cause that is close to your heart.  Not to mention you get to partake in a fun activity right in your own neighbourhood.

If you are looking for a way to help out, it is quite simple.  By clicking on this link you’ll be taken to my personal donation page where you can pledge online.  I’ve kept my fundraising target fairly low as I have no idea what to expect.

1 comment:

Genie Sea said...

Yes, a truly amazing cause to support. I am sorry to hear about your dad. I lost both my parents last year, so I can empathize. Hugs!