Sunday, November 02, 2008

Early NaNoWriMo Update

So far, things are going very well.  It helps when you start off with more than two full days to write.  I have time to blog right now because the NaNoWriMo website is always slow in the first few days when everyone is excitedly updating their word counts or participating in the forums.  A few things I’ve learned so far this year . . .

  1. I am a plotter and not a pantser.  I am going to try to spend more time throughout the year working on story plots and editing so that I might actually get some finished works I’m proud of.
  2. Competition is good for me.  I’ve done a few sprint challenges so far already and am on the Vancouver vs... Toronto regional challenge as well.  Hopefully that’ll help give me more motivation to pump out more than average amounts of words.  (I also have a secret NaNoWriMo Nemesis that I used for competition last year too.)
  3. Hmmm, I guess it’s only 2 things I’ve learned so far.  Maybe number 3 will come later on in the month.

No comments: