Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ode to Mittens

Ok, it's time for a haiku. It is an ode to my recently purchased mittens!

Ode to Mittens

Mittens on a string
Soft, warm, childhood memories
Hang from my parka

Something about the rhythm of "mittens on a string" reminds me a bit of the movie title "snakes on a plane."

Anyway, my recent bit of lunch break shopping also scored me a polka-dot sheer scarf, a black knitted cap, and some peep-toe wedge shoes. I think I'll need to wear the other items before I'm ready to compose odes to them as well.

There is a post forthcoming about some DVD/Book organization stuff. But, I need to be at home to properly type it up, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest and Tuesday at the latest.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. I like the comparison between "mittens on a string" and "snakes on a plane". It doesn't really sound like you were just window shopping though . . . not when you were actually making purchases!