Thursday, November 23, 2006

Migraine Attack

Well, last night I started another migraine attack. It started at work and luckily we did not have a busy or complicated night. When I went to bed last night, I was still deluding myself and hoping it was just a tension or fatigue headache. But, when I woke up with the familiar pain, light and sound sensitivity, and slight nausea, I knew it had indeed been a migraine. But, I still got up on time and went and did my workout. Then I took a nice, long, hot shower (because for some odd reason, working out with a headache makes me finish faster giving me more time this morning). And now, whether it's just a temporary relief or it was the end of a migraine, I'm starting to feel better. However, I'm really not looking forward to an entire day spent staring at a computer screen! My main task right now involves data entry and so I can't really get around it. Not to mention our office is nice and bright.

It's terrible to admit, but part of what comforts me is knowing that others have it much, much worse than I do. I mean, I get maybe 6 migraines a year. That's it. Not too many at all. And, most of mine are short lived, meaning hours to a couple of days. For some people, my longest headache is the length of time of their shortest headache. Anyway, for those who find this topic interesting, there are whole blogs dedicated to them.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine! I hope you're truly feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention.

Hope you're not visited by the migraine fairy for a long, long time. :)