Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Book Review: The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

So, a couple of days ago, I had about half of a review typed out and *thought* it got saved as a draft before my computer crashed. I came to check today, and apparently I was wrong. Since I am in a lazy mood, I'll just point you to the review that got me interested and aware of the book in the first place. I found the review through my favourite book blog - Jen Robinson's Book Blog.

I will add a few of my own comments on things that I particularly enjoyed. There was a nice amount of magic in the world. Enough to make magic 'magical' in the story and not enough so that it was commonplace. The author also did a good job of retelling the fairy tale so that it would appeal to a modern audience. In particular, the main character is easy to identify with.

I'm quite pleased to know that there is at least one other story that takes place within the same world.

No comments: