Thursday, August 24, 2006

Book Disappointment

So, I'm vaguely disappointed about a couple of book-related things lately. First, I'm quite close to finishing Walden by Henry David Thoreau. It did get better, but not good enough. Some parts are very dated. Some are timeless. One paragraph toward the end absolutely captured my imagination and really made me stop and think. Out of the whole book, I'd want to reread about 20 pages of it (not consecutive ones, but cumulative out of about 200). So, probably not one I'll add to my "must own" list, but I'm glad that I read it through.

The second disappointment is that I accidentally found out the author of A Series of Unfortunate Events! I totally didn't mean to either! I was scrolling down a book blog and the blogger mentioned it in a post. I won't cause a repeat performance by providing any links or actually saying the name, so you are all safe. I'm so disappointed now! It's like accidentally finding a present that someone has been hiding for your birthday or something. I wouldn't have minded if the 13th book had already come out, but not before the series is complete. So, I'm going to do what I try to do whenever I find out what happens in a movie before I see it - forget it! I'm actually pretty good at this. Even with movies I have seen and books I've read!

No comments: