Saturday, June 24, 2006

A promise of something more

Well, I don't really have anything substantial to post right now, despite being quite busy and having a number of good photos to share.  I've been too busy to blog anything.  But, I'll give you a few sneak peeks for some stuff I'd like to post . . .
 
We went to an Indian theme dinner at a friend's place last weekend.  On the way home we spotted some local wildlife.
 
There's some action shots from a game of pool on Father's Day weekend.  Oddly enough, none of the pictures are of any fathers.
 
I took a picture on my way to work the other day.  It kinda speaks for itself, so I won't spoil that one.
 
And, tonight we're going to an overnight quasi-camping BBQ.  It should be a lot of fun!
 
Because we're leaving for the BBQ right after work, I have the privilege of taking the car to work.  Well, the whole arrangement is a bit more complicated than that, but I won't bore you with those details. 
 
So, since I have the car and hubby is working at the office close to home today, he decided to walk.  He consistently underestimates the length of time necessary to get places.  He didn't figure it would take too long to walk to work, even though most people have told him otherwise.  I decided I was going to let him use his own judgement about the issue, since being late today wouldn't be a big deal for him.  In any event, it might be a learning experience for him.  So, now I'm at work, eagerly awaiting news on just how late he was.  I know for certain that he was at least 15 minutes late today, as his co-worker phoned me at work to ask where he was.  It's probably a bit unkind of me to take amusement from this, but I'm pretty sure he'll have a good sense of humour about it.  (Besides, he never reads my blog, so he won't find out unless I tell him).

No comments: