Friday, May 05, 2006

Yellow Watermelon

I have discovered that yellow watermelon tastes almost identical to red watermelon. It's a bit weird to be eating something that tastes so similar, but looks so different from a much loved childhood summer snack classic. I wonder what the difference is between the two. Is it just like a different variety? Sorta like red, orange, and yellow peppers (for the uninformed, green peppers are not a different variety of pepper-rather they are simply unripe red or orange peppers). I wonder if there is any nutritional difference? Is the red caused by some super cancer-fighting bioflavinoid? Hmmmm, so many questions about this new fruit find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF??!! Green peppers are only unripe peppers? Are you sure? Seriously, where did you get that information from 'cause I'm not quite sure I believe you . . .